July 13th, 2020
Cap-a-Pie want to meet freelance artists who are keen to build a long-term relationship with the company.
We want to meet people who are interested in what we do, and have ideas about how they might like to work with us in the future. We hope that we can build long-term collaborative relationships where we work together to plan and deliver projects.
Artists will spend time (remotely) with members of Cap-a-Pie’s staff team. We want to understand more about your practice and give you the opportunity to understand more about what we do. We’d love it if we find we’ve got shared interests and want to work on creating future plans together. However, there are no requirements to produce anything at the end of our time together – we just want to get to know each other.
We want to increase the diversity of the artists we work with to reflect the communities that we work in. We welcome applications from artists of all backgrounds. If you need help or support with your application, or would like an informal conversation prior to applying please do get in touch.
- Interest in building a long-term relationship with Cap-a-Pie.
- Interest in Cap-a-Pie’s approach to creating theatre.
- Experience in their own creative practice.*
- Experience of partnership working with schools.
- Experience of partnership working with universities.
- Experience of co-creation or working with non-professionals in a creative way.
- As this is a remote opportunity, there are no geographical restrictions. However, we are interested in what connections or links you have to Newcastle and the North East.
*We don’t have any restrictions around about what kind of creative practice you have. Cap-a-Pie mostly makes theatre performances, but these are often experimental in form. We’re always keen to explore how we can collaborate with people who aren’t necessarily from a theatre background, although we also welcome applications from people who work in traditional theatre settings.
- Cap-a-Pie has opportunities for three artists to work with us.
- Each artist will receive £500 for around 2 days of work with us (£250 per day).
- All work will be completed remotely.
Send your CV, a brief statement (max 500 words) of why you would like to work with Cap-a-Pie and a completed equality & diversity monitoring form (download here) to email@example.com stating ‘Freelance Artist Call’ in the subject line.
If you would like to have an informal chat before you apply please get in touch with Katy Vanden, Cap-a-Pie’s Producer – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 9am 3rd August 2020. Remote interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on 10th August 2020.